03 October 2010

Week 2: Look, Squirrel!

I have been having trouble getting my kids to look at the camera. So I yelled, "Look, Squirrel!" and they turned for the camera. By the way, I have yet to see any small mammals other than cats, dogs and a the occasional monkeys here in Brasilia. Oh, and a few bats.

The Botanical Gardens has an orchid house, but there were only two orchids in bloom when we visited. The guide noted that this was the last weekend the building was going to open before being shut down for renovation.

One thing I have noticed about Brazilian architecture is that the buildings have an open feel to them and generally and real interaction between the outside and inside of the building. Very few public buildings have enclosed walls, most restaurants extend an awning to create the eating spaces, and even stores open up to the outside rather than use doors.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment